and lastly for the night

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

I mentioned this stuff a while back in a post where somebody was mentioning that they didn't care for the aroma of turning antler. Believe me, this stuff makes antler smell like fresh baked cinnamon rolls in comparison. It's Asian Water buffalo (bubalus bubalis) horn, and I got it off ebay just from the pictures. Not a wise purchase from a penmaking viewpoint. Aroma aside, the whole thing is hollow except for the last inch or so, Just barely enough to get the cap turned from a solid piece. The body is a slice of african blackwood with two pieces of the horn laminated on, sorta like a recurve bow. Stuff about ran me out of the shop, and that's a first. Polished up nice and had some interesting texture on the inside of one slice, so I lined the nib up with that piece. Anyway, There, I did make a pen out of it, now I'm looking for another sucke...... um.. partner to trade the rest off to for something or the other.

Attachments

• smelly1.jpg
    smelly1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 173
  • smelly2.jpg
    smelly2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 150

KenBrasier

Nice looking pen, interesting colors....... Hmm, note to self, avoid the water buffalo blanks, if they smell worse than antler!

Top Bottom