Lastest Effort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bdar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdar

Ok Guys and Gals :D,

This my first time, so be gentle. Herre is some pictures of some of my latest pens. All my pens are finished to 2500, still waiting for my 3000 and 4000 to arrive. I then use shellawax cream, then cut back with U-Beaut EEE and then finish with shellawax glow liquid friction polish. The Americana pens are out of Red Mallee Burl and the European style from left to right are Curly Jarrah, Purple Gidgee, Lignum Vitae, Coolibah Burl and Goldfields Burl. Comments and questions most welcome.

To all things good.

Darren

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bdar

Hi Michael,

Goldfields Burl comes from Western Australia. I don't have much info on it myself. Don't know what species or if it derives it name from the Western Australian goldfields. I do know that it is a tight burl that cuts like butter and finishes like a dream

Darren

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Gently I would suggest you don't use thumbnails, and a more centered perpective of the pens whould enhance their appearance.The clarity of the pictures is great otherwise.
They look great but from my perspective it's like looking up a gun barrel.
When I come to the show off your pens forum I expect to see the pens and not have to click and wait for a larger picture.[^]

JimGo

Wow, those are some beauties! (sorry...they're beauts!) I'm with Eagle with respect to the thumbnails and the orientation of the pens in the pic. The reason I say this is that I'm a BIG Lignum Vitae fan, but I can barely make out the grain in the wood in that picture.

tinker

I am on DSL and get immediate results clicking on the thumbnails, suspect others don't.
I really like the Americana pens, actually, I like them all, but that style is new to me. Do they use 7mm tubes?

woodscavenger

Great wood. Nicely finished. Good luck with the friction polish holding up. You may want to look into CA/BLO or other more durable finishes if you notice the pens becoming dull. Great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom