Last Weekends Effort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

we have a man cave market coming up on fathers day and the local woodworkers group is holding a stall/information/demonstration.

being a member of the club i have been invited to join in on the stall/information/demonstration ... you get the drift

so here is the start of my inventory for the market ... the cigar with the red wire has already departed to a new home

Authentic Jack Daniels Bottle Tops

i don't know what will and wont sell on the day so i have decided (at this stage) to turn all the blanks i make to size, and assemble them as they sell ... interested in your thoughts and ideas about this

Next .... Jim Beam ... or maybe Bundy ... CUB ... Tooheys ... i will work it out
rolleyes.gif
.... eventually

C&C welcome

MIK

Attachments

• DSCN5971edt.JPG
    DSCN5971edt.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN5969edt.JPG
    DSCN5969edt.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN5968edt.JPG
    DSCN5968edt.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN5970edt.JPG
    DSCN5970edt.JPG
    266.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN5964.JPG
    DSCN5964.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN5965.JPG
    DSCN5965.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN5966.JPG
    DSCN5966.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN5967.JPG
    DSCN5967.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN5973.JPG
    DSCN5973.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN5974.JPG
    DSCN5974.JPG
    327.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN5976.JPG
    DSCN5976.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN5977.JPG
    DSCN5977.JPG
    326.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN5978.JPG
    DSCN5978.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 136
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MIKL

They look great :)

Hate to play devils advocate, but doesn't copyright come into things like these?

Thanks Brad

the way i see it is
i am using the logo that the companies themselves have created on their bottle tops .. i am not creating their logo at all ... just up cycling what would normally be rubbish

BradG

I think it would be viewed as, people may have purchased it because it says jack daniels on it, and you would be profiting from their brand name without paying a royalty.

This is all my own two cents, not me having a go :) look great regardless

MIKL

I think it would be viewed as, people may have purchased it because it says jack daniels on it, and you would be profiting from their brand name without paying a royalty.

i do understand that you are only playing devils advocate .. and not having a go ... its hard to put feeling into typing ... and i am also just replying not aggressively defending ... please don't feel that i am

another perspective ... is this not the same as making pens out of Jack Daniels/Jim Beam/Wild Turkey barrel blanks ... or the people who buy the barrels and make bars, tables etc and sell them

mikedealer

"Most" Major companies do not care about artistic use of their logo, especially if it promotes their brand to their fans. Like if i made a pen with a chevy logo, they wouldnt care per say. If i went to china and ordered 100,000 logo'ed pens, they would have a problem with that. Its not 100% all the time, but general consensus among people and artists ive talked to, is that no one has a problem with it on small scale.

etsy prohibits items like that from what i understand. Like if i turned a magic wand and called it a "Harry Potter Style Wand" they may ban the auction to protect themselves, not because they have a request from universal studios to end the auctions.

Top Bottom