Last time I try this!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Burr

Jim Burr

Banned
30.06 Bullet from CSUSA, which is not all that unusual. The barrel is Montana rasberry soapstone. As soon as I pressed the cap...fracture...as soon as I pressed the tranny...fractures. Now I'm stuck with having to glue, sand and polish with the clip/cap in place. It brought a good price, but not that good!!! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• stone1.jpg
    stone1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 347
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Jim: Why not take it apart to do the repair?

Every time the tube is expanded or contracted, it fractures the stone. Since it's rock and not fibrous material, there is no capacity for the material to expand. It cleaned up well, with plenty of masking tape!! This is one of those materials that would benefit from sanding out the tube so the parts slide in and then CA them in place. As a side note...I used a Ci1 knock off from Capt Eddie...it worked flawlessly!

Last edited:

underdog

I've always been a bit leary about making pens from stone. Seemed like it's too easy to drop a pen and break it to smithereens...

Looks good though!

MartinPens

Great looking pen Jim. Now you know to sand those tubes!
You might get yourself some 2 part 5 minute epoxy from Harbor Freight. It works well, gives you time to position things and it does NOT corrode the metal parts - which is 70% of the pen here! When applying it, put a thin layer inside the tube - not on the part that is being pressed. Don't ask me how I know that! :biggrin:
This is the stuff I'm talking about Super Strong Quick Drying Epoxy

Top Bottom