Last of special order and a pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Some time back I got a special order for 65 Chrome Sierras made from antler. This is the last 12, turned and finished this weekend and polished and assembled tonight. I was going to photograph all 65, but the customer picked up 53 of them last week. Thanks to Ernie at Beartooth Woods for having that many in stock as well as boxes for them.

20067191403_Last12.jpg

After I finished turning those, I made a Sketch pencil from Desert Ironwood I got from Reed. I love this wood. These things seem to sell pretty well.

20067191429_Sketcher.jpg

Comments and complaints wellcome, except from Ed.:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkoehler

that is a GREAT looking group.
where did you get that much antler?
how does the shop smell?

quextion. where did you get the sketch pencil kit?
i made the one from PSI, but they dont have a clip.

gerryr

Alan, this order had a definite downside. Right now, I'm not a big Sierra fan, not am I a fan of antler pens, but I still make both because they sell.

Jeff, I bought most of the antler from a hunting guide who has a garage full of antler(not kidding either). The smell doesn't bother me that much. The sketch pencil kit is from CSUSA.

elody21

Congrats on your BIG order!! Great job. I bet you will be "tasting and smelling" antler for a long time!!!!!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Way to go Gerry! That was a great order, but I can imagine that you are a bit tired and wanting a change by now. You've smelled so much antler that I am hereby making you an honorary dentist! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom