Last pens before moving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from builtbybill

builtbybill

Well, we are getting ready to move so here are the last pens that I will be making at this house. There are actually a couple of others that are not in the photos because 1, Stratus Click, is at work and my wife gave a Rhodium Jr. Gent II to her mother before I could get a photo.

Sorry about crappy photos the house is in disarray and did not have much time to get them taken, edited and uploaded.

So here they are:

Here is a Graduate magnetic roller ball my daughter wanted me to make for her best friend's high school graduation gift. It is Gunmetal with Worthless Wood.

Here is a Liberty pen and pencil set with Tornadic Twists blank from exotics that I made for my daughter's high school graduation gift. Lets just say these blanks look awesome but they are a PITA to work with, had a couple small cracks form at the finial end of the pen but due to the cost of these and my time constraints I covered with some thin CA and moved on.

Here is a Le Roi V2 Gold Ti/gunmetal with banksia pod.

Here is a rhodium Gentleman's pen with Alien Eye's PR from slabs, blanks and boards, complete with custom finial button

And the very last pen turned at my current house - Cigar hybrid with Oceans Sun PR blank from slabs, blanks and boards, complete with custom finial button. Unfortunately I messed up the fit at the finial end, it was a tiny bit to big so I started to get it closer and my wife came out screaming at me to "get of the damn lathe and start packing" and in the rush I took a little too much off. No big deal since this is just a pen that I will be using at work anyway.

Thanks for looking and any critiques are more than welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Great job on the pens!
Your Cigar pen shape looks almost identical to a couple of Cigar pens I turned a few years ago! I will have to find the pics.

You will have to post some pics when you get your new shop set up!

builtbybill

Great job on the pens!
Your Cigar pen shape looks almost identical to a couple of Cigar pens I turned a few years ago! I will have to find the pics.

I cannot lie, your pens were the inspiration to this pen, I wanted to change the top half up, by incorporating something else I saw, but I was running out of time with my wife lecturing me about needing to get packing.

I hope you do not mind.:peace:

Charlie_W

Great job on the pens!

I cannot lie, your pens were the inspiration to this pen, I wanted to change the top half up, by incorporating something else I saw, but I was running out of time with my wife lecturing me about needing to get packing.

I hope you do not mind.:peace:

Thanks! I think you chose a terrific design! :biggrin:
I really like the blank selection too!
Enjoy!

OZturner

Great Collection of Pens, William.
I love the Blank of Worthless Wood you used, Glorious.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Look forward to seeing what your house moves inspires you into.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom