Last Pens for 2006 Year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well did have some rare spare time so I did those pens.
One of my favourite the Hairy Oak with Sierra
The Jr VII 22K is Leafless Ballart burl ( Exocarpos aphyllus ), some things new to me, compared to other Burl it drill very easily and got a citrus smell when turning.
The last Sierra was made with Milgee ( Acacia oswarldii ) the photo don't show the real nature of the wood the rings disappear on the change of the light when turning the pen in your hands, it's like to have a 3D pen, hope you enjoy, comments welcome.

2006122012117_hairy%20oak%20Sierra.jpg

2006122012148_hairy%20oak%20Sierra1.jpg

2006122012231_leafless%20ballart%20burl.jpg

2006122012258_leafless%20ballart%20burl2.jpg

2006122012328_Milgee%20Sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I love your "down under" woods and, like Anthony, the hairy oak is myu favorite also. I still have the blank you sent and am trying to decide what pen to make from it...for me as a personal writer.

Merry Christmas, my friend, and I hope 2007 will allow you more time in the shop to make more of those lovely Aussie wood pens.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Darley
<br />Well did have some rare spare time so I did those pens.
One of my favourite the Hairy Oak with Sierra
The Jr VII 22K is Leafless Ballart burl ( Exocarpos aphyllus ), some things new to me, compared to other Burl it drill very easily and got a citrus smell when turning.
The last Sierra was made with Milgee ( Acacia oswarldii ) the photo don't show the real nature of the wood the rings disappear on the change of the light when turning the pen in your hands, it's like to have a 3D pen, hope you enjoy, comments welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom