Last pen of the year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Exabian

Exabian

I wanted to end 2013 on a high note so I decided to try a majestic. Every since I started turning I've wanted to get into kits like this but I knew it was something I needed to work up to. Well I worked up to it and this is the result:

Rhodium with black TI highlights
Blood red jasper true stone

The only flaw (hurts my heart to say) is a high line crack near the tail end. It happened while pressing in the lower cap assembly. Any way C&C are welcomed.

Welcome to 2014

Attachments

• IMG_3676.jpg
    IMG_3676.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Truly Majestic,
Great choice of Blank, Truly Spectacular adds to the richness of this Kit.
A Pen, that everyone would be pleased to own.
Congratulations, a great acheivement.
Brian.

Last edited:

OZturner

Did you use a vice or a pen press to put the pen together?

I used a pen press.

This one:

This is a better pic. I admit its not the greatest but better.

I have seen some of these Horizontal Over Centre Lever Pen Presses, that do not have the Piston travel parallel to their base, or line of force.
But exert their force in a very slight upward direction.
Also the construction of the Piston Carrier is not long or stable enough to contain this upward force.
So causing the item being pressed to veer slightly off the centre line and jamb the item partially in the Pen.

I do not know if this could be the case with yours, but it would be worthy of inspection.

Brian.

Last edited:

Exabian

Did you use a vice or a pen press to put the pen together?

I used a pen press.

This one:

This is a better pic. I admit its not the greatest but better.

I have seen some of these Horizontal Over Centre Lever Pen Presses, that do not have the Piston travel parallel to their base, or line of force.
But exert their force in a very slight upward direction.
Also the construction of the Piston Carrier is not long or stable enough to contain this upward force.
So causing the item being pressed to veer slightly off the centre line and jamb the item partially in the Pen.

I do not know if this could be the case with yours, but it would be worthy of inspection.

Brian.

Thank you I will look into that. I was thinking of upgrading my pen press anyway no i have a reason.

Top Bottom