Last Pen for This Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I've made the tough decision to take down the shop for while. This will be the last pen in this shop as it is. Between four busy kids, a crazy job, commitments at church, and a new MBA program, life has taken quite a turn. With that you will be seeing some kits, blanks and other misc. things appearing in the classifieds. No worries, I will check in every now and then. The machinery is not going away, and I will still have access at good ole' dad's house if my kids or I get the urge to turn. (Katie has said she wants to make a come back in the competitions--she has a little shout out for Rebecca Lyons). Thank you all for making this a great place.

Thanks to ClassicNib for making this fantastic blank available. I will love this pen for a long time. Steampunk through and through on a Jr. Gent Rollerball.

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Eric,

My family has enjoyed your family's friendship over the past couple of years. Rebecca would like one last shot at Katie in a contest . . . maybe the BASH this year.

I was finally able to pick up one of your cherry blanks last week - making a pen for my friends from your neck of the woods.

It can get tough with kids and work. Throw in an MBA and, well . . . We'll be praying for you.

Dave

designer

In an old computer game (back in the DOS days) there was a command that said "Time Passes". You may or may not go back to the shop. In the mean time, yes do what you have to do and enjoy the trip. It is a good thing.

Best to you and your family.

You are certainly going out with a bang. Nice pen. I hope we see a pen from time to time here I will miss your work. Good luck with your MBA that is quite an undertaking. You will be back nobody can just quite cold turkey like that ;>)

MarkD

Awesome Pen!
Best of luck to you in your endeavors Eric!
I expect we'll be seeing new work from you somewhere in the future!

triw51

I agree with the other comments about your priorities being in the right place, will miss your work but I also know you will return when the time is right with a better skill set, because God does not ask us to give up with out replacing.

bobleibo

Eric
In a world that is chaotic, it sure is nice to see someone like you who has a handle on what's really important. You can always turn a pen or two later.....blink your eyes and your kids will be heading off to college.
Kudos to you!
Bob

D.Oliver

Cherry pits all over Grand Rapids just breathed a sigh of releif. I know you'll drop by every now and then though, and I pretty sure at some point down the road we'll see some more pens from you. Just like motel 6, we'll leave the light on for you until you get back.

Jim Burr

Banned
Great pen to take a leave with! Going to miss the stories about the family, but your head's in the right direction! All the best!

OKLAHOMAN

Eric, your doing the right thing for you and yours, your decision to keep family and life first is admirable. When you see time to come back we'll all be here with open arms to welcome you. Keep us abreast of how you and the family are doing.

low_48

Just a cycle of life Eric. Interests ebb and flow. It won't be long before those kids are all heading to college, you'll need all the cash you can get. That's my prediction for when you will return! I smile when folks talk about their little kids taking such an effort. Just wait till you need to buy cars, teenage boy car insurance rates, dating, college, weddings.......Yep, you'll need LOTS of money! Take care my friend!

Jim Smith

Hate to see you go. You've always been a strong supporter and kept things positive. That said, I certainly understand how life gets in the way of hobbies. Good luck and please stay in touch.

Jim Smith

Katsin

I always admired your posts. Enjoy spending time on what is most important to you at this point in your life. Best wishes.

Fatdawg

Sharp looking piece there!! I wish you and your family well in your chaotic days. I also have become less active in the shop being busy with family, work, fire dept. and the county fire training site. Cherish every moment with your family that you can!

PeetyInMich

I hope that after a little time passes one of the children starts to ask you turning questions. I don't know their ages but I am expecting my kids to ask to turn something pretty soon.

Top Bottom