Last pen for 2007

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

This will certainly be the last pen that I make in 2007 but it most certainly will not be the final Pen Potion#9. I've been sitting on this blank, compliments of ed4copies and Dawn for some time and finally got around to it. I'm glad that I did and will be happier to read your posted comments one way or another.

The PR turned like a charm and was not brittle at all. Although I applied some rather agrresive cuts, the material handled extremely well. And the colour... well I think that it's out of this world. Thank you Mr. Brown and a special thanks to the PRprincess (Dawn) as well.
-Peter-:)
20071231225352_P1010001.jpg

20071231225418_P1010003.jpg

20071231225436_P1010007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cowchaser

I really enjoyed Dawns blanks also. As a matter of fact I am getting ready to buy some more. Drilling seems to be the only place that being careful is crucial, but that is with anything.

Pen looks great.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you both for the kind words!!!

I may get blasted for this, if so, I'll take my licks.

In my experience, lately, it seems that my old 120 degree point HF bits are outperforming the new, sharper, more aggessive bits. I ate an Eagle PR blank drilling with a brand new bit, then chomped on another alternarive ivory a couple nights ago. While it is my practice to drill just short of coming through the blank, then cut off the end, the newer bits have been eating my commercial blanks long before I get to the end.

I continue to believe that drilling NEAR the end and cutting off the rest is the best way to avoid blowouts; however, I am also going back to drilling with bits that are NOT brand new. A website on drilling plastic gave some info on the danger of the flutes being shaped for WOOD and thereby eating plastics, I believe I am experiencing that phenomenon (good word, huh, Cav??).

As always a FWIW - YMMV!!

Again, THANKS PETER!!! and DUSTIN!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />
Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Nice work Peter! What kind of tree does that stuff grow on? [:eek:)]

I believe that it's a Tangerinus capuscheesus tree that are only grown in Wisconsin.[:eek:)]

-Peter-[:)]

Your answer was kind of CHEESY!! (But clever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom