The Last Pen !!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Well folks here is my last pen....It's a gold cigar with this
Buy Acrylic Pen Blank - Gold Dust II at Woodcraft.com blank that Evelyn pick out. I back painted the blank sliver. I wet sanded to 12000mm and polished the Hut plastic polish. I'm happy with the way it came out. All C&C are welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 233

Trey

LAST PEN!??!?!

Say it ain't so!
I suppose if you gotta go, at least you are doing it with style.

wyone

I think that is AWESOME. I am trying to use other kits, but having issues finding the right one. I started on slimlines, and now seem to be using more comforts and Designers than anything. Where are you buying your kits? I probably looked at that blank if you bought it at the local store. LOL

wyone

Thanks for the links. I am not opposed to spending what is needed to get a good pen kit, but the issue I have right now is my failure rate, or shall I say, my success rate is not what I would like. Thank you Again!!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Just say with it Mitch. I have my share of failures. I'm sure there not a person on this sight that has not had their share of failures it a part of making pens

BJohn

Great Job Dan, Not your last there will be more. Best of luck with your surgery. Your in my prayers. Be a good patient for your bride.

See you soon

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Your right John, I guess you know me fairly well. I hope to be back to turning pens in about a month. I'll still be around and comment on everyone work.....maybe not for the first few day after surgery. I'll be a good patient for Evelyn she a nurse so I had better be good. Thanks for your prayers. God has everything in control and I'm sure he has a awesome plan for me.

solobiker

Looks great! While you recover you can sit back an enjoy all of the great work you have done and thing of new ideas for when you are ready to get back at it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Dan... Your Pen! I love the thin whispers of the colors of the blank - very nice.

Your last... Yea Right!!! Recover and get back into the shop when you can!

Your head will be filled with projects just waiting.

Seriously, be well and take your time.

turncrazy43

Dan, best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Follow doctor's and Evelyn's orders and you will be back at the lathe in no time turning out great pens, stoppers and etc. You both will be in our prayers.

OZturner

Dan and Evelyn,
My Thoughts and Prayers are with you both and you're Medical Team.
May Gods, Guiding Hand be with you all.
I look forward to your next post.
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank you everyone for all the great compliments and for your prays and well wishes. No this is not my last pen, just my last pen for a bit. Dan I wont be able to put any weight on my for about a month and moving around crutches or I'm hoping a knee walker to turn a pen is not something I want to do I don't want to take the chance of getting hurt. Once I have a walking boot on I'll be able to get back to turning.

rossvh

Dan - a little time off is always nice - but I know that once a pen tuner - always a pen turner! Good luck and God Bless!
RossVH

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I want to sincerely thank everyone for the compliments, likes, prays, words of encouragement and support. It's what make this the best forum of any kind in the world. :good::good:

Top Bottom