Last one of 2012

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cnirenberg

cnirenberg

I was finally able to finish this one off. Got to do a little freehand on the finials and the rolerbal nib thanks to Rick Herrell (thanks Rick). One day I'll get a nice camera and photo setup, but it doesn't look too promising. I was thinking about anodizing this pen a cool blue. Need to talk wth Mike Redburn on options and what more I may have to do for prep. All comments and otherwise welcome.

Attachments

• P8190002.jpg
    P8190002.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 165
  • P8190003.jpg
    P8190003.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 153
  • P8190004.jpg
    P8190004.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 151
  • P8190006.jpg
    P8190006.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Excellent work on this one Cris. The joints work really well for me. Congratulations on getting this one completed considering your schedule :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very slick and precise!!. :biggrin:

You must enjoy threading. :biggrin: I would have had either the nib threaded ( removable ) OR the finial, but not both. But I'm lazy:rolleyes:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Great start Chris, for anodizing you will need to make threaded plugs and holders for all the threaded pieces you want to color. We will then drill them to just fit a titanium wire into and then we can anodize them. They should be at the finish/polish level you want the pen to be at when the anodizing is done. We can do final cleaning with alcohol just before putting themin the bath. It will take a couple of hours minimum. We are trying the etching Friday if your interested or can make it.

cnirenberg

Mike,
I left the finish at 400 grit. Can't seem to keep the scratches from it. I'll keep you posted, basketball starts next weekend. Chuck gave me a heads up on Friday, unfortunatelyI have to work that day. I told him to take pictures....

Great start Chris, for anodizing you will need to make threaded plugs and holders for all the threaded pieces you want to color. We will then drill them to just fit a titanium wire into and then we can anodize them. They should be at the finish/polish level you want the pen to be at when the anodizing is done. We can do final cleaning with alcohol just before putting themin the bath. It will take a couple of hours minimum. We are trying the etching Friday if your interested or can make it.

cnirenberg

Excellent work on this one Cris. The joints work really well for me. Congratulations on getting this one completed considering your schedule :biggrin:
Thanks Chuck. Schedule is pretty hectic.

Awesome work Cris! Love the shape. Happy to see you posting some work!
Jonathon,
Thanks for the kind words. Got a little busy in December, how's your tribe getting along?

cnirenberg

Very slick and precise!!. :biggrin:

You must enjoy threading. :biggrin: I would have had either the nib threaded ( removable ) OR the finial, but not both. But I'm lazy:rolleyes:

Steven,
I love threading, it's my favorite.....now I need to do it with the lathe and not dies.....I've done both thread styles for the nib. Putting the treads on the nib takes a bit of thinking through but the results are nice.

bluwolf

Very nice job Cris, I knew you'd get around to eventually. The finish looks really nicely done. Too bad you can't make it Friday. Maybe you could slip away for a long lunch:biggrin:

Mike

vanngo5d

Cris, great looking pen like the look of the matte finish might be the new fad after seeing Brooks cover picture in person (matte finish as well) I'm guessing thats it's aluminum since your wanting to anodize it. Looks like you've used it alot already because its time to replace the refill.

Don Vann
vannink.com

cnirenberg

Cris, great looking pen like the look of the matte finish might be the new fad after seeing Brooks cover picture in person (matte finish as well) I'm guessing thats it's aluminum since your wanting to anodize it. Looks like you've used it alot already because its time to replace the refill.

Don Vann
vannink.com

Don,
I'm guilty. Guilty of being CHEAP!!!! It's kinda funny, I needed to redo the nib to fit the Pilot G2 but didn't have one. I found one in the trash that my daughter had thrown away, I can always get a new refill later on, I figured. Yeah, that never did happen. I thought about this conversation just as I posted the picture. Nice catch.

Top Bottom