at last I did it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from david44

david44

A brief post. I finally completed a pen from coloured pencils :). This project has driven me mad. The d***** things split so easily and the actual wood involved seemed like concrete. At least I finished it, with the assistance of a lot of CA - it's not perfect as you will be able to see but it's out of my hair now. Whether I want to do another one ..............

Attachments

• DSCF4850.jpg
    DSCF4850.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 572
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Notscottish

I have completed two of these colored pencil pens now. I have started a six or eight of them. During the build, they are fragile, prone to crack, the leads fall out, the color smears when you sand and you create enough CA fumes to gas a small village.

But when you finish one, it is all worth it. Congrats!

JohnU

Congrats! I've made several, in fact... several more than I ever care to make again, but as said above, when its all said and done, all of the p.i.t.a. issues are gone and it's worth it. One suggestion, I've found if you tilt the pencils at an angle and not directly cross cut, they turn easier with a little less hassle. Then you get some of the outer pencil color to show along with the colored lead. Congrats Again, Looks good!

david44

I have completed two of these colored pencil pens now. I have started a six or eight of them. During the build, they are fragile, prone to crack, the leads fall out, the color smears when you sand and you create enough CA fumes to gas a small village.

But when you finish one, it is all worth it. Congrats!

That sums it up! The comment about CA can be understood only by those who have made these things!

david44

Congrats! I've made several, in fact... several more than I ever care to make again, but as said above, when its all said and done, all of the p.i.t.a. issues are gone and it's worth it. One suggestion, I've found if you tilt the pencils at an angle and not directly cross cut, they turn easier with a little less hassle. Then you get some of the outer pencil color to show along with the colored lead. Congrats Again, Looks good!

p.i.t.a, indeed - but worth it just to say you've survived the experience. I've seen the photos of your version - I just might be crazy enough to give it a go!

jmpugsley

Yessssss Sir! I have wanted to make something with colored pencils, and I think you just showed me my project. Very nice indeed. Seems like folks are calling this project a pita, but I prefer to think of it as challenging. Everything that is being pointed out as issues are just part of the project. Good job!

david44

Yessssss Sir! I have wanted to make something with colored pencils, and I think you just showed me my project. Very nice indeed. Seems like folks are calling this project a pita, but I prefer to think of it as challenging. Everything that is being pointed out as issues are just part of the project. Good job!

Patience needed! Now playing with a second one - I understand the p.i.t.a. description!:mad: But it's still entertaining. :laugh:

Top Bottom