Last of the cutting board & a ho-hum Walnut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

This is the last blank I got out of a Olivewood cutting board & a piece of Walnut repurposed from a local tree! The kits are Concava.

Attachments

• DSC01474.JPG
    DSC01474.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC01479.JPG
    DSC01479.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Those TJMaxx cutting boards are cool!

I bet you could even make one of the Certificate of Authenticity cards.....like the Texas Olivewood gets when it goes over to Bethlehem?

Scott (very cool) B

BSea

I like how you don't do the concave on the upper barrel. And no way is anyone going to confuse that with BOW. It looks so much better.

Isn't it funny how we say "PLAIN Walnut"? But when a non pen turner sees the pen, they ooh and ahh.:confused:

Crosscut

Early on I had crosscut some Walnut out of a place where a limb was (don't think it was really a burl) & got some very unusual grain patterns
on a Walnut blank; but for the most part, compaired to Olive & spalted blanks, Walnut is going to have to take a back seat! lol

I like how you don't do the concave on the upper barrel. And no way is anyone going to confuse that with BOW. It looks so much better.

Isn't it funny how we say "PLAIN Walnut"? But when a non pen turner sees the pen, they ooh and ahh.:confused:

Top Bottom