Last of the Colt Pen Stands....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here is the last batch of the pen stands I made from Colt cylinders I got from Jim Martin. I really like the concept. Can hold six pens in a small foot print on your desk. Five, if you rest the hammer on an empty:D

Redwood Burl, Spalted Tamerind, Bocote, Mylands friction polish over sanding sealer, thanks for looking , Anthony

2005211161024_DSC01395.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

I gave $25.00 ea. for the cylinders and can't remember how much the wood was. But the redwood & spalted tamerind were pretty large blocks of stabilized wood, so I would guess I paid about 8-12 for the blanks. The first one I made, I gave to Jim, he's a good friend and client. I am thinking about 75-85 for these. Any opinions on the price, [?] If you look around, good pen stands aren't cheap.

G

I would imagine finding them would be about as hard as parting with the cash foe them.
THose look real classy Anthony.
That spalted Tamerind looks like marble.
Beaustiful.
I don't know if I saw that display for the first time what I would marvel at first.
The Wood holding the Chambers, The novely of the chambers or the pens themselves.
It would be hard to take it all in at once.

Gary

I'll bet you could find gun shops that would buy those or sell them on consignment if you want to go that route.

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments [:)]

I can see it now, Eagle's bullet pens in my pen holders on the cover of American Rifleman [:D] I would have to order a 100 copies. [:p]

Jake, not sure what you mean. But I drilled an 11/32 hole and chucked it like turning a bottle stopper. The cylinder just sets in a recess cut about 1/4 deep , it is not secured. I thought about putting a center shaft in it so you could spin it, like a wheel gun. But if it is full of pens, who would want to spin it? Unless you were playing Russian Pen.[:eek:)]

Tom McMillan

I think your price sounds fair----I would think that those who this will appeal to would spend $100 on one though. After all, where else will they find one??---And the history appeal that goes with your friends name!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom