The last of 36 Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The last of 36 Sierras (update)

I made 12 Sierras for a friend of mine using that mystery wood from a bar room floor on the Texas Gulf Coast , believed to be Teak . He liked them and gave me a list of 24 more names . All are Christmas gifts for his customers . I must say , I'm glad they're DONE .

These were made with Sapele from Africa . I got them from Woodturningz . The 2-tone chrome kits , (style A ) were purchased from Ernie at Beartooth Woods . Sanded with 320 , 3 coats of thin CA , 9 coats of Medium CA , sanded again with 320 , to knock down ridges , then MM 3200 thru 12000 . Polished with Novus #2 then Renwax .

Thanks for looking , and please be kind ! :biggrin:

UPDATE !!! Finally got PICASSA 3 to work for me ! New photo !! :redface:

Attachments

• IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It looks great, but since I have one of your pens on display in my shop, I know the quality you are capable of. Keep up the great work.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Steve ! You're right , I am glad they're done . They're being engraved right now , and then PAYDAY ! I like these kits too , just glad my friend let me choose . They fit his budget , and my schedule .

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You probaly don't want to see another Sierra kit for a while, huh?
You're soooo right about that . But I've been anxious to make a pen for another friend . This pen will have DEEP emotional value . So , it will require my best efforts . And it will be priceless .
Thanks , friend !

Top Bottom