Laser signature

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I bought a cheap Chinese laser awhile back and could not get it to work. I would work on it and get frustrated and give up. After several attempts, I got completely fed up, put it in a corner and forgot about it. I noticed it recently and recruited Bruce Robbins (brobbins629) to help me figure it out. Bruce had a couple of frustrating days but figured it out. It seemed to be a software issue. Bruce found the T2laser firmware/software which would work with my machine. Now I just need to become proficient with the software. I did manage to get my signature on a pen.

Thanks Bruce.

C29C6508-DA7F-4CA4-9722-6047A6F4183D.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithncsu

It looks like you used a rather "fat" tip pen/marker to do that signature. That or the laser head focus was not adjusted so you're getting a less detailed engraving. If it is the latter, you should be able to focus the laser by twisting the very tip like you would a flashlight. With the laser turned on, you should be able to see the "circle" for the laser getting fatter/smaller as it focuses.

Cwalker935

It looks like you used a rather "fat" tip pen/marker to do that signature. That or the laser head focus was not adjusted so you're getting a less detailed engraving. If it is the latter, you should be able to focus the laser by twisting the very tip like you would a flashlight. With the laser turned on, you should be able to see the "circle" for the laser getting fatter/smaller as it focuses.

Thanks, it does appear fatter than the signature. I will give adjusting a try.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I agree with Keith that it would be more appealing to be a thinner font/burn line (terminology is probably not correct).

I also suspect that you made Bruce's day for him to have a "project". My brief time visiting with Bruce hinted that he loved challenges, and usually prevailed.

So far, very nice Cody.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You always learn more when something doesn't work than when it does and this was no exception. Always nice to find a product with real English instructions and a responsive knowledgeable company.

I also am pretty sure the bold signature has little to do with focus and more the graphic itself. During the test we burned a very thin line.

And Mark, it was a lot more than a day but enjoyed all the more.

RussFromNH

I have one of those cheap lasers also. I can focus the beam on mine and lower the intensity but do multi-passes to make a better burn. Try playing with your settings and speed...

Top Bottom