Laser Inlay Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodgraver

woodgraver

Here are a couple from Ken at kallenshaanwoods.com. The purple cancer awarness is one I made myself using purpleheart and maple. I can't decide if I wan't to engrave "Margaritaville" on the back side of the parrot blank or if I should use a gold or rhodium kit...decisions, decisions.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0004-1.JPG
    DSC_0004-1.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodgraver

finish

thanks, I've started a new process for my CA finish. I sand the wood inlay blank to 12000 with abranet and micro mesh. Then I put 2 coats of thin CA followed by 2 coats of thick CA. I use accelerator on the thick coats. I then sand with 400 abranet, and then micromesh through 12000. It only takes me about 10 minutes, no waiting and the finish is blemish free and seems to be thick enough for long lasting service.

76winger

Those look great and are on my want list for a future batch. Great work, and I think either finish will complement the parrot nicely!

boxerman

Those are very nice pens. I think the guitar would have looked better the other direction with the bottom of the guitar at the bottom of the pen.

woodgraver

Interesting observation, I think I just did it the way it was displayed on the web site and didn't even think about changing the orientation. I saw someone else on here posted an Airzona Silhouette pen box that is a miniature guitar case, I am going to have to order one of those and put the next one in that, it will be the perfect touch for a gift to my daughter who has become quite the guitarist.

Top Bottom