Laser Engraved Auburn Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

I had a customer ask for a University of Auburn pen, but he didn't want the school colors. He really liked one of the pens I made from Eugene's blanks so I showed him a blank I still had in my bin that followed the same basic idea. His only wish was for the Auburn logo to be placed on the pen. After cleaning up a graphic in Adobe Illustrator I was able to give this to my laser guy and what you see here is the result. This is a full size Majestic on an Amalgam Mutt blank :biggrin:

5511988399_a5775d3d2c_z.jpg

5511988205_1690cbb446_z.jpg

enjoy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

The guy is like 6ft 8inches tall and is a huge Rugby player so the other pens were just too small for him. We had to go huge, ha ha ha.

terryf

You have a good point there Tim, I recently gave my cousin a pen and it really looked like a dolls toy pen in his hands. He is a weight lifter and 6ft 7inches. I never gave it a thought till you mentioned it now!

Best I make him another one that's a bit bigger!!

The guy is like 6ft 8inches tall and is a huge Rugby player so the other pens were just too small for him. We had to go huge, ha ha ha.

wiset1

Ha ha ha...some people deserve larger pens! I'm sure he'll be happy with anything you make, but the larger pens truly have a home in larger hands.

Grim Spirit

I'm surprised the laser ingraving company would put that on a pen for you. It's a copyrighted logo.

This is kind of a gray area of the Fair Use issue.

If the pen turner were using the logo in an attempt to demonstrate the logo-owners endorsement of his product, that would be a no-no. (Obviously not the case here).

The logo can be used for personal use. The laser-engraver is not facing any trouble as he could be under the impression that the pen-turner was going to use it as a personal pen. Had the turner requesed 50 thousand laser ingravings, that would have been a different story.

And the end-customer did request use of the logo for personal use. It was understood that Auburn University was not endorsing the pen.

To be on the safe side, the turner could attach a disclaimer that identifies the owner of the logo, and that the logo is not authorized by, sponsored by, or associated with the trademark owner

wiset1

Wow:eek: That's something to think about I guess, but in the end the customer should be happy.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback!:biggrin:

Grim Spirit

Strangely enough, I working up to turning a Auburn Pen. My daughter is in the Pre-Vet program at Auburn and I want to turn a fountain pen for her. Yours is a beautiful example.

(And yes, being a die-hard Alabama fan, it was difficult to watch my girl go to Auburn. But it is THE best vet program in the South-east.)

wiset1

Thanks again everyone for the feedback, I'm glad you like the pen. A lot of credit goes to Eugene for the blank!

SGM Retired

Wow, after looking at the last post ref AU logo I'm not going to even try this for my son which is a Auburn grad... Thought maybe just spelling out Auburn in a different font? Very nice pen though.
Gary

wiset1

If you want the vector graphic just PM me and I'll forward it along. This one went to a Dr from Auburn...found out he was a Dr today...;-)

woodman

WOW

Very nice, I have made a few Majestics But I have been posting else where sorry it won't happen again!:) I love the Material and great fit with hardware.Well Done.

Top Bottom