Large order for Mother-In-Law

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from K-9 Man

K-9 Man

Hello,

Here are some photos of the 10 pen and pencil sets the mother-in-law wanted to give to her co-workers at her school. Also another pen and pencil set my wife wanted made for her father. I used CA glue on some of the sets and just friction polish on others. I tried to make a little variety when I made them. Sorry for the poor pictures but once I finally got them finished I had to take quick pictures as I my wife helped me box them up and ship them out to Texas.

Attachments

• DSCN8455.jpg
    DSCN8455.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN8456.jpg
    DSCN8456.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCN8457.jpg
    DSCN8457.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN8458.jpg
    DSCN8458.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN8459.jpg
    DSCN8459.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

K-9 Man

More pictures of order

Here are the final pictures of the order and then the olive wood box that went with the father in laws set.

Thanks for looking and please all comments welcome. This is the first large order I have made before.

Ernie

Attachments

• DSCN8460.jpg
    DSCN8460.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN8461.jpg
    DSCN8461.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN8462.jpg
    DSCN8462.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN8451.jpg
    DSCN8451.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 172

kstrauss

Nice job Ernie, how many hours did it take you, and how long did you have to wait for the Purpleheart to regain its color? I did a pen for a relative out of Purpleheart and waited some time for it to regain its purple. Seemed like it took forever. kstrauss

K-9 Man

Nice job Ernie, how many hours did it take you, and how long did you have to wait for the Purpleheart to regain its color? I did a pen for a relative out of Purpleheart and waited some time for it to regain its purple. Seemed like it took forever. kstrauss

I suppose I had about 6 hours total in the making of all these pens. I was only able to work for about 30-60 minutes at a time due to work and family. I didn't wait on the purple heart to darken, although I know placing it in the sun allows it to darken. The purple heart turns dark when placing CA glue on it and using friction polish. I like how the purple heart looks, I have used it for a lot of projects.

SDB777

Are you making those business cards at your home or did you order them? Cool idea, might keep someone from asking you in about three years, "Remember that pen........it needs ink?"

Nice timber selection! And well turned!!!!

Scott (gonna snow again) B

Hendu3270

Texas? Quit selling pens in my state!! LOL. Good looking pens. I also like your cards that have the photo of the wood and species name. Very nice.

K-9 Man

Are you making those business cards at your home or did you order them? Cool idea, might keep someone from asking you in about three years, "Remember that pen........it needs ink?"

Nice timber selection! And well turned!!!!

Scott (gonna snow again) B

Scott, I make the business cards at home. I use word document and purchased business cards from Walmart to make it easy to seperate the cards once printed. I used to use cardboard stock and had to cut them apart. I highly recommend buying the business cards that are perferated and easy to seperate once printed.
Ernie

Top Bottom