Laquered and sanded Rosewood Burl ( finally )

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This is the pen I had the nerve to post on 6-22-08 with an orange peel coating of four coats of laquer . Keith ( VisExp ) said I would have to post photos after I sanded it . I masked the hardware with 1/8 " tape , started with 3200 MM and went thru 12000 . I had some Meguires , Scratch-X on hand , and kept applying it until I was satisfied with the finish . For a final finish , I used Renwax . My photos are still lacking , but I can assure you this finish is very smooth and has a nice sheen . I want to thank those of you , who gave me the advice I needed , to correct the deficiencies in my prior attempts to finish this pen .

200873235125_IMG_0133.jpg

200873235159_IMG_0130.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Ken , Chris , Perry & Bryce , I appreciate your comments . Mike , I almost got you involved in this , but thought differently . But , I'm glad you would be tempted to try it !!! Thanks ! :D

VisExp

Chuck, the pen looks great! My hats off to you for the work you must have put into it. Sanding by hand with the pen assembled must have been slow, painstaking work. You did good not to scratch any of the hardware. The pen looks really good, well worth the effort.

Thanks for posting the update :D

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you all for the compliments . I really enjoyed the challenge , and as some have said , the blank was worth the effort . I had no choice ! [8D]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Grant ! I really should give a special thanks to Jeff , Greg and Ed for their guidance on this task . It worked out pretty well , IMHO ! :D

Top Bottom