Lapis Tru-Stone on a Ti Gold Jr. Gentleman II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this morning. It's Lapis Tru-Stone on a Ti Gold Jr. Gentleman II Fountain Pen. Got both blank and kit from Dawn and Ed at Exotic Blanks.
Tru-Stone turned easily. Sanded to 600 grit, followed by MM (wet) from 1200 to 12000 grit and finished with HUT Plastic Polish. I wanted to bring out the pyrite in the blank to accent the kit and the photos ended up darker than I would have liked. :rolleyes: Thank you so much for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Lapis Tru-Stone on Ti Gold Jr. Gentleman _1.jpg
    Lapis Tru-Stone on Ti Gold Jr. Gentleman _1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Lapis Tru-Stone on Ti Gold Jr. Gentleman .jpg
    Lapis Tru-Stone on Ti Gold Jr. Gentleman .jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

That is such a classic combination, and you did a great job on it. All the gold web trustones look great on the gold Gents. jr. and sr. but that blue is my personal favorite, understated and classic. Just seems destined to be pulled out of the breast pocket of a grey pinstripe Brooks Brothers suit.

PR_Princess

What a beautiful job Doc! A very classy combination!! I really like the way that lapis blank shows subtle variations in blue tones. Gives a more interest and depth.

wizard

What a beautiful job Doc! A very classy combination!! I really like the way that lapis blank shows subtle variations in blue tones. Gives a more interest and depth.
Thank you for the compliment.
Dawn, Interestingly enough, I didn't notice the subtle difference in the blue hues until after I turned it and finished it. Became even more apparent in the light box. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom