Lapis Tru-Stone on Cambridge Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this morning. It's Lapis with Pyrite Tru-Stone on a Cambridge Fountain Pen in Gold and Silver accents. Have fun making it.
I'm starting to learn the process of segmenting and started some drawings. I would love to know how many of you trace out steps for segmenting prior to starting.
My son has already got some sketched out and has started. He picked up penturning fast and now I've got to keep up with him:eek:.
Thanks for looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Lapis Cambridge_1.jpg
    Lapis Cambridge_1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Lapis Cambridge.jpg
    Lapis Cambridge.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 274
  • Lapis Cambridge_2.jpg
    Lapis Cambridge_2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 176
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That's a real beauty, Doc!!!

Might want to use lighter background with that dark lapis, though. (We all know how crappy my photos are, so I could consider shutting up, too!!)

Great pen!!

Another beauty Doc!
It certainly is a pretty blue!
As for segmenting, i sometimes draw it out or mostly i have an idea
in my head and just go with that.
Drawing and designing it first will ultimately make a better pen because you will always know where you are and what needs to be done next.
Also colour mapping all the different segments helps a lot when assembling a blank of many colours!

Andrew

wizard

Great looking pen! Is that Dark or Medium Lapis? Looks super with the gold kit!

Andy

Andy,
It's the medium Lapis Tru-Stone from Exotic Blanks. The pictures, I think, made the blank look darker. Thank you for the compliment. Regards, Doc

ctubbs

All right Doc, you are giving me a headache. You publish a beautiful pen, then I have to look so close trying to find even one tiny speck in the finish, a minisquel chip on the edge of the blank, just anything to make your pen not perfect that glaring at this screen gives a headache. And I still can't find even the tiniest imperfection. Dang it. I'm going to just quit looking and start enjoying. Doc, it is beautiful.
Charles

Top Bottom