For the Land Lord

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Linarestribe

Linarestribe

The land lord of the home we rent lived in it for 20 yrs before moving out of state. We were business partners and the home had an office that made it a great rental for us.

Going through the shed i found some extra flooring pieces and thought some pens to remind them of their old home were due.

These are my first modified slims and I am very happy with them. The first I think I over turned for the look I was going for but the second is great. I don't know the wood so if you do let me know. The center-bands are died Maple Burl.

Thanks for looking
Jorge

Attachments

• 800_CIMG1104.jpg
    800_CIMG1104.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 800_CIMG1103.jpg
    800_CIMG1103.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

I don't know if this will help identify the wood, but I just finished turning a batch of family pens for my wife that involved 100+ year old cypress wood. The original family home where her family was raised was constructed of home-grown and cut cypress. I was given one plank from that old house to try to salvage for keepsakes. I have never dealt with a more difficult wood. This wood gave new meaning to the word "dry". I was averaging one good pen blank out of every 4 cuts. I hope you didn't have as much trouble with your material.

Last edited:
Top Bottom