See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

This is made of Platinum and Glacier White Corian

200526232254_platinumcorian.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very nice pen Alice. Good lamination work. I had a friend drop off some corian, can't get myself around to cutting it.

elody21

Corian is no harder to turn that a hard maple. Rounding off the edges of the blank before turning helps. I use all of the same tools.

Darley

Very nice pen elody21 . Thank you for the info I didn't try yet corian, when you glue them up do you use a press to have a firm and simless joint ?

Anothe question on your corian for sale you show pens and clok, you have a filigree pen slimeline I think a satin kit, where did you get the kit from, I love filigree.

Serge

elody21

Of course with two colors the seam is not too imortant but to get a good seal clamp the two pieces until dry. I do not use excelarator for these.
The filligree pen is from Craft Supplies. It is actually a European set. Hey Serge,do you have any way of getting Dewalt 7mm pilot drill bits? We cannot get them here anymore. Alice

Darley

Originally posted by elody21
<br />Of course with two colors the seam is not too imortant but to get a good seal clamp the two pieces until dry. I do not use excelarator for these.
The filligree pen is from Craft Supplies. It is actually a European set. Hey Serge,do you have any way of getting Dewalt 7mm pilot drill bits? We cannot get them here anymore. Alice

Well you got me Alice what do you call pilot drill bits could you post a close photo of the bit, please. I may have that here but under different name so a photo will help.

Dewalt = Black & Decker

Serge

Darley

Originally posted by elody21
<br />
The filligree pen is from Craft Supplies. It is actually a European set. Alice

20052107618_200523201628_corianexamples.jpg
<br />

Alice I'm talking about the 2nd satin filigree ( not gold ) from the left look like slimeline, the European set I got them, where do you get those litle beauty?

Thank you

Serge

elody21

Ohhhhhh, That pen! Sorry I should have looked at the picture again. The top of that one is from a pen from Target and the rest of the pieces are from a satin nickel set. I cannot figur out how to get a photo in this reply so I am opening a new topic and put the picture of the Dewalt bits there. Thanks Alice

elody21

jdavis, corian is a great medium to use for the freedom pens! They are very durable! I made about 30 for the same thing. Where do you teach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom