Lace to Follow My Leather - Aussie Lace She-Oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shawnmhill

shawnmhill

I thought it would be fitting if I followed up my "Leather" pen with a "Lace" one. Leather & Lace. I know it's corny!

Aussie Lace She-Oak. Turned down just proud of bushings, Sanded 400-600. Applied 4 coats of thin CA, 8 coats medium CA, 3 more coats of thin CA, fill in the little ridges. Sand 600, wet MM up to 12k and finished off with Hut and Ren.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Shawn

Attachments

• Lacy Lady-IAP.jpg
    Lacy Lady-IAP.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 379
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

That is a great looking pen . Your fit and finish are spot on and you chose a beautiful piece of timber . Now to be picky , sorry , When you assemble the kit you should make sure that all the kit pieces line up correctly . The flats on the cap and the flats on the nib/blind cap don't line up . I know , I'm being nit picky but it's the little things like that make a beautiful pen into an awesome pen and add to the final value .

shawnmhill

That is a great looking pen . Your fit and finish are spot on and you chose a beautiful piece of timber . Now to be picky , sorry , When you assemble the kit you should make sure that all the kit pieces line up correctly . The flats on the cap and the flats on the nib/blind cap don't line up . I know , I'm being nit picky but it's the little things like that make a beautiful pen into an awesome pen and add to the final value .

Great call! I really appreciate that tip. That's what I want. I can't improve, if I don't know what to improve! Thank you!

Top Bottom