Labor of Love!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edman2

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
For ten years I was the director of the Arkansas Baptist Assembly, a 1500 bed youth camp in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. The campus is covered in large black walnut trees. In 1991 when I built the new 1.4 million dollar Worship Center, I had to cut a large walnut tree (48" across) to make way for the building. The new director asked me to create 25 walnut pens from this wood for him to use as gifts for large donations to the camp. So, if you want a $1000 walnut pen, contact the director! These are titanium Barons from Timberbits and the boxes were done by Constant.

Attachments

• img_0326-2.jpg
    img_0326-2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 489
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

weaverslodge

Great job. I wish I was able to duplicate my pens. No two ever look alike.

I thought that was the point !

If you wanted the same pen as the bloke next to you then buy a Mont Blanc or a Lamy. I think that it's the uniqueness that makes our pens special.

Nice pens by the way although at $1000 each they are a bit pricey :)

ZanderPommo

I think he means that they are giveaways for large donations, so its not that they are 1000 dollars, its that if you donate a large sum of money like that you get a "$1000" pen
Nice pens!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I think he means that they are giveaways for large donations, so its not that they are 1000 dollars, its that if you donate a large sum of money like that you get a "$1000" pen
Nice pens!

:biggrin: I wish I did make a few $1000 pens! But yes, they are "Thank You's" for large donations. I think Dave caught that from his smile. :eek:) Many people attend the Camp each year (in the range of 7,000 plus) so many people have a nostalgic attachment to that old beautiful tree. Nobody hated to see it get cut more than I did but I couldn't figure out how to include a 48" HUGE tree in the middle of the Worship Center!:biggrin: We did make the speaker's stand and the huge cross that floats in the background from that wood.

Last edited:

SteveWatson

Nice edman. In 1986 I went to that church camp! My mom still has a little plaster turtle that I painted for her. It was a beautiful campus. I especially liked the trees that grew through the mess hall.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Nice edman. In 1986 I went to that church camp! My mom still has a little plaster turtle that I painted for her. It was a beautiful campus. I especially liked the trees that grew through the mess hall.

Hi Steve,
I was director the year you came. There are still two large walnut trees that are in the dining hall. The one in the back dish wash room is the largest walnut tree on the campus now.

Top Bottom