Labor Day Accomplishments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darrin

Darrin

3 pens....and 2 sets of plugs. I really like how Olivewood turns. This was my 1st experience with it.

Attachments

• Labordayeffort2.jpg
    Labordayeffort2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Beautiful set of pens Darrin . Olive wood is one of my favorite woods to turn , it turns like butter and smells so nice . If you don't mind me asking , what are the plugs for ?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Nicely done!

If you don't mind me asking , what are the plugs for ?
If you listen to "We're not Gonna Take it" from The Who's 1969 classic rock opera "Tommy", Roger Daltrey sings "Put in your earplugs, put on your eyeshades, you know where to put the cork." :cool:

rjwolfe3

The plugs are to go in holes in your earlobes. They look pretty cool to open minded people but some people may not think so. And for the record, I have no piercings but I still think they are cool.

andyk

Nice pens, plugs are cool as well. What finish did you use on the plugs? Have you had anyone complain about any adverse reaction?

Darrin

Thanks guys! ldb2000, yep they are for your ears. The plugs are finished in Jojoba oil, which is body safe. The only reactions people get are really from the rosewood (Dalbergia) family. They can be severe so I dont mess with those. Otherwise its really dependant on the person in general. The olivewood is really nice stuff to work with. I almost like it as much as Amboyna Burl.

Hosspen

Those are some real "beauties" a few elegant ones at that. Nice background too. Good work!

Top Bottom