La Palina Cigar Pen made from Deer Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from S.A.Mappin

S.A.Mappin

Instead of the usual wooden cigar replica pens, I've decided to try a cigar replica made from antler. Too bad antler didn't smell as good as real cigars.

La Palina label, and black enamel kit from Beartoothwoods.

Attachments

• La Palina.jpg
    La Palina.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 248
  • La Palina II.jpg
    La Palina II.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 195
  • La Plaina III.jpg
    La Plaina III.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 188
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mtassie

Very nice, looks like a vertex nib. Did you recess the coupler(I think that what it's called). Nice job, I have some elk that's big enough to do that.

S.A.Mappin

Mtassie, that's a Baron kit I used, Sedona would also work, and yes, the coupler is recessed. The Virage kit might also work as well for this, I think they may be the same size tubes in diameter. You could actually use probably just about any rollerball/fountain kit as long as you have the correct mandrel. I'm in the process of making my own pin chucks so I can use different kits.

wyone

See now I want to try one like this! I have a friend who is a cigar lover and I owe him something special as he has done us countless favors. I just have to find the right wood, and see if I can figure out how to get a cigar label without him knowing in advance. :)

Jim Burr

Banned
Now THAT is interesting!! Not sure it all works, but sure put out one heck of an effort. Gonna look at this one for a while!

Top Bottom