Kustom Kolor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm having my other El Camino painted a color that changes from blue to green , depending on what angle it is viewed from . I told Neil (wolftat) about it , and he came up with a blank the same color . Thank you Neil !! :biggrin: So , I finally got it turned , and put it on one of my favorite kits . Black Ti Cigar . Sorry for my sorry photography .:redface: Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 277
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Butch . I was totally shocked when I got the blank . It was more solid color before turning it . But then I know very little about casting these things .

Jeff , thanks , the El Camino is in Pensicola , Fl. where my cousins son is doing a body restoration . It will be a couple more months before it's finished . I WILL post some pics then .

dozuki

That pen looks very nice. You did a great job on it. Wolftat is the man. I was just asking about working with alumalite and he sent me four blanks. three red and green an one clear one that is like glass. I still haven't turned them. afraid to mess them up.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That pen looks very nice. You did a great job on it. Wolftat is the man. I was just asking about working with alumalite and he sent me four blanks. three red and green an one clear one that is like glass. I still haven't turned them. afraid to mess them up.
Thank you , but I can tell you that you don't have to be afraid to turn these blanks . Jump in there . They hold up very well . I have so many of Neils blanks , I'll never get them all turned . But I'm gonna try ! :biggrin::wink:

As always great job Chuck. I really like El Camino's. My daughter wanted an El Camino for her first car.
Thank you Lupe ! I share your daughters passion for El Caminos . This is my third .

bitshird

Chuck, what a cool pen, El Caminos are sweet, I've been looking at a 77 for a few weeks, but I just ain't young enough and it's a little rough, I was going to Flip Flop My VW. but man that stuff is expensive and I hate sanding and wet sanding.

el_d

Too bad you cant put all the parts on a lathe.......

Chuck, what a cool pen, El Caminos are sweet, I've been looking at a 77 for a few weeks, but I just ain't young enough and it's a little rough, I was going to Flip Flop My VW. but man that stuff is expensive and I hate sanding and wet sanding.

DustyDenim

Super Good looking pen Chuck. You and Neil both teamed up to make a masterpiece. I too will be looking forward to the El Camino photos in the spring since I used to have one for about 23 years. Yes, like some of the others, I have a soft spot for an El Camino myself, and of course that #3 on the side of yours will never be duplicated in Nascar. I just haven't been able to watch too many races since his passing, its just not the same.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yeh , I had a 75 and let it get away , but I like the newer style better . And that's too much sanding for me too . That's why my cousins son is doing the work :biggrin: He's a pro at it . Thanks Ken !

Too bad you cant put all the parts on a lathe.......
Nope the parts just aren't round enough :biggrin:

Super Good looking pen Chuck. You and Neil both teamed up to make a masterpiece. I too will be looking forward to the El Camino photos in the spring since I used to have one for about 23 years. Yes, like some of the others, I have a soft spot for an El Camino myself, and of course that #3 on the side of yours will never be duplicated in Nascar. I just haven't been able to watch too many races since his passing, its just not the same.
Thanks Dusty , I did the one in my avatar about 18 years ago myself . It held up until last year , it plain rusted out beyond repairing . It was a 78 , the one I have now is an 81 , and my original intentions were to go with the #88 AMP scheme , but maybe I'm outgrowing the idea . You're right , it ain't the same ! But I still watch the races .

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks great Chuck, I am going to have to send you some more just to be sure you don't run out of them...LOL
LOL....I'm sure my nephew is going to want one . I showed him the blank , but he hasn't seen the pen yet . Thanks again Neil , it's really cool to have a pen to match the car . :biggrin:

Top Bottom