Kokopelli

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

I recived this blank from a master scroll saw user Jeff Powell (workinforwood) in a trade, I think I got the better end.The art work is all his all I did was turn a decent pen.
2008620204857_koko.jpg

Kokopelli Known as a fertility god, prankster, healer and story teller, Kokopelli has been a source of wonder throughout the country for centuries. Kokopelli embodies the true American Southwest, and dates back over 3,000 years ago, when the first petroglyphs were carved. Although his true origins are unknown, this traveling, flute-playing Casanova is a sacred figure to many Southwestern Native Americans. Carvings of this hunch-backed flute-playing figure have been found painted and carved into rock walls and boulders throughout the Southwest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grizz

Banned
Master Scroll saw? I know that field well, and I don't think I would consider but a handful to be 'master.' Jeff is good but not been around long enough for that title.

Although that is an excellent looking pen.

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks to all who commented.
Jerrycon, the pen is from corian and the Koko is only on one side with two glued together, after turning and finishing it is very hard to see the glue line
Grizz, excuse my the terminology, maybe I should have said compared to me and most others on this forum who do not know that field he has mastered the jig saw.

Originally posted by Grizz

Master Scroll saw? I know that field well, and I don't think I would consider but a handful to be 'master.' Jeff is good but not been around long enough for that title.

Although that is an excellent looking pen.

PaulDoug

Beautiful pen. I won't ask questions because I over did the questions when Jeff posted the pen he did. Love it. (Can I consider him a Master?)

workinforwood

Is there even such a thing as a master scroller, I have my doubts. If you are in it to write books and sell tons of patterns, does that make you master? Is time a consideration? How long would it take to be a master if there is such a thing? I don't consider myself to me master of anything, but am flattered at anyone that might call me that. I do have some ego though and do consider myself to be one of the best intarsia artists in the world that I have seen. I love to compete and will as I always do offer all comers the opportunity to beat me out in Wilminton OH, and Richland Center Wisconsin this summer. I don't intend on losing either. If you beat me, I'll shake your hand and give you a free pen...a good quality free pen at that!

rherrell

Beautiful pen Roy! I love the southwest, my entire house is southwest themed. I have a Hopi Kachina doll collection that has some Kokopellis in it.

Top Bottom