Kokopelli

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's a Kokopelli made by Creative Dimensions 3-D Pen Blanks that I got from Exotics. You have to slowly build up a CA finish to encase the blank prior to turning. I lost count of the coats:rolleyes: but there were a LOT:eek:. After encircling and encasing the blank with almost a small bottle of CA ... went ahead and turned to size. I remember at some point thinking I should have put this blank in a Resin Saver Mold and just cast it in Alumilite.:rolleyes:. It's on a Wall Street II Elegant Black Ti and TiGold twist pen. I did the best I could with the pictures and tried to get a close up shot of the carving detail. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Kokopelli.jpg
    Kokopelli.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Kokopelli_1.jpg
    Kokopelli_1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Kokopelli_2.JPG
    Kokopelli_2.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ya did good Doc. I've turned a few of these, even had Charlie make a special one for me. We have several Koko items around the house. I nearly sanded one of the figures off one of the blanks:redface: but, it survived :wink: Nice work!

wizard

Alton, Thank you! I didn't know you were the one that made these and apologize for not acknowledging you! I really like the collection you have at Exotics! Regards, Doc

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Cool pen!

Chris .. like the Doc suggested, you can cast it in clear when it's done..
Then you don't have to worry about your fingers, just have to make sure
you don't put a hood over your head and stick your face in the mold for
60 seconds or more..

Top Bottom