Kokopelli 3D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenmtnguy

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Dyed this Red and sanded the highlights. Gold rubnbuff applied with fingertip while lathe was running at a fairly high speed. Sealed it with Krylon workable fixitif. CA finish and micro meshed and buffed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Beautiful pen....

You had me googling like crazy trying to figure out what Gold rubnbuff and Krylon workable fixitif was... never heard of either product.

Thanks for posting... I will have to do a lot of reading up!

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I used the workable fixitif- fixitive in high school in art class. It was used to seal charcoal and pastel drawings. They both smear easily and with the fixitif you can work over the original to add more color and it protects the final artwork.

Paint - Rub 'n Buff
Rub 'n Buff can be used to beautify hundreds of surfaces and is widely used to decorate picture frames using the fingertip application method.

Last edited:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Beautiful work, Alton!! I am working on my Fleur-de-Cav blank and used spray shellac to seal the colors prior to starting the CA. I hit a glitch with the CA, and hope to have it resolved soon.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I'll have you know that you are in a very select group of IAP members with a blank named after them. Wait until you see Cabbages de Charlie! Oh Charlie, where are you?

Last edited:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I'm surprised that much gold stayed on. Most topcoats take off the Rub & Buff.
Did you have to apply the Fixatif more than once? Or the Rub & Buff?

Top Bottom