The Kobe Bryant Memorial (Sewer) Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gagler

Gagler

I haven't turned anything this week, and I have been going through a little withdrawal......this is a strange story, but bear with me. I've always been told I have a strange sense of humor.

So, my wife and I are watching the Olympics tonight. They start having some filler material, so my mind tunes out and I start reading a book; the book is starting to lose its focus, so I start listening to the TV. Up pops up Kobe Bryant, and the interviewer is gushing on and on of what an international symbol he is, and how people across the globe are looking up to him, they do some sound bites with Kobe - it's the usual "I'm very humble to be here representing my country," then the announcer talks about "Kobemania" sweeping across China, blah, blah, blah.

I personally think Kobe Bryant is what is wrong with this country, and after beating a potential rape conviction, admittedly cheating on his wife, you name it he basically crawled out of a sewer and will one day return to it once basketball is over. Then again, I've also been told I shouldn't be so judgmental of others and I should look after me first (anyone read the Book of James?). However, my shortcomings aren't the purpose of this post, so I'll move on.

My thoughts of Kobe promptly reminded me I had received some pen blanks made out of surplus sewer pipe from Bruce here on the website I hadn't turned yet. So, I excused myself and made my way to my shop.

I've also had a really nice lady in our Human Resources department help me with some - excuse the pun - crappy situations, and has also been hinting she would like a pen, too. Why not give her one of these, so the next time she documents a really bad situation for me, she can whip out the sewer pen and fill out the crappy paperwork?

I think I'll turn a letter opener out of it, too, so she can open the correspondence from the EEOC, Justice Department, US Census, Texas Workforce Commission, etc. - you know, all of the garbage mail you have to deal with in your job.

Anyway, I regress and have rambled on too much tonight. Attached is a picture of the Kobe Bryant Memorial (Sewer) pen, as well as a photo of the original turning stock.

As always, your comments, suggestions, and complaints are always welcome. I know, the photography on the pen needs some help (as does the pen)!

Have a great weekend!

Michael

Attachments

• Sewer Pen.JPG
    Sewer Pen.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 213
  • pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Nice pen, I just received a little of that stuff to play with. As to Kobe and all the rest of those spoiled ... I could care less.

arjudy

Nobody will remember Kobe in 20-30 years. Does anyone here remember George Mikan? He played before I ever got into basketball. Michael Jordan will be a little harder to forget. Your friend at work won't forget that you made her a pen though.

C. Scott

Nice pen Michael. I see that you live in Pearland. Monty and I both live in Pearland. Maybe some others too that I don't know about. If you ever need something pen related, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

bruce119

Good job that stuff does polish up nice. Watch the heat wet and use a plastic Polish and you will get a Superior shine. I like the inspiring story.

Bruce

Gagler

Thanks for all of the comments - I appreciate it. Yes, I agree it's a fat pen, and not what you typivcally see on the Streamline. Then again, this was supposed to be an obnoxious pen on purpose!

Top Bottom