Koa wood desk sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776

Our son and daughter-in-law treated us to a vacation earlier this year to Kauai, Hawaii. While there, I bought a box of Koa wood and had it shipped home.
As a small thank you, I made these desk sets for them from the Koa. There was a small amount of figured Koa in the box, that was used to make the Gentlemen rollerball pens. On the bottom I wrote a thank you in Hawaiian language.

Attachments

• pen stands.jpg
    pen stands.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 400
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Very nice gift! I guess having 2 docs in the family is nice huh? I like the overall design of your stands. Great job.

Rifleman1776

Very nice gift! I guess having 2 docs in the family is nice huh? I like the overall design of your stands. Great job.

More than nice. We are extremely proud of their accomplishments.
And, as nice as the trip was, knowing our kids have been successful enough to do this for us was the biggest treat of all.
I wanted to capture an Hawaiian/Asian feel with the stands and fiddled around with many ideas. I kinda borrowed this from some Samuri sword stands I spotted on the 'net.
While in Hawaii, I bought a bag of small shells and coral with plans to glue them onto the stands. But, on reflection, I decided that could end up making them look like a kindergarten art project so I stayed with clean and simple.
Thanks for the comment.

Top Bottom