Koa European Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Marc Phillips

... in chrome... last of the chrome kits! (hey, stop that cheering!)

Following some suggestions I made the lower barrel slightly proud of the bushing... and here's the result. I actually like this better with less of a an abrupt change of diameter going from upper to lower barrel..

.... what do y'all think?

KoaEuro04-06-08.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
There ya go Marc! I like that look at lot better. Less "flamingo leg" like that. It really balances out the pen, I think! Great work!:)

On mine, I round over the edge of the lower barrel just a little bit so it matches the chamfer of the center band and gets rid of that little 'corner'. So many cool options on that kit! I just wish there was a better way to make the transition into the nib cone. That angle is so steep you have to make the lower barrel look like a ping pong ball to make it 'flow' nice. I'm still working on ways to fight that.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by karlkuehn

There ya go Marc! I like that look at lot better. Less "flamingo leg" like that. It really balances out the pen, I think! Great work!:)

On mine, I round over the edge of the lower barrel just a little bit so it matches the chamfer of the center band and gets rid of that little 'corner'. So many cool options on that kit! I just wish there was a better way to make the transition into the nib cone. That angle is so steep you have to make the lower barrel look like a ping pong ball to make it 'flow' nice. I'm still working on ways to fight that.

Thanks... and thanks for tip... I will try a couple of tiny camfers on those edges so they flow into the centerband a little better.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Thanks Karl, Good tip on the Euros. I haven't done them in a while and I never liked the look.

BTW Nice Pen Marc, nothing wrong with chrome. :D

Top Bottom