Koa with both ends closed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rccrazybill

rccrazybill

Tell me what you think. Also how do the pictures look? I'm slowly getting better images;)
tn_koa%20closed.jpg
tn_koa%20closed2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That's a pretty cool pen Bill ! The top photo is pretty good ,and I am by no means even close to an expert on photos . But , I'll bet , someone is going to say something about the way the pen is situated in the bottom photo & the focus , or lack of on the ends of the pen . Myself , I like the pen & photos ! JMOHO [8D]

ahoiberg

funky, i like em. watch your depth of field on the pictures. it looks like you're still photographing them with the lens right up against the front which makes it a little fuzzy. i'm no expert on pics either, but try taking the photos more from above then pen instead of in front of it.

mrcook4570

Strengths: Creative use of materials. Has lots of potential for different color/material combinations. Can be turned with or without special mandrels. Opens up many different designs and shapes that are not attainable with kit parts.

Weaknesses: The boldness of the koa and the trustone seem to compete with each other. Perhaps a strip of white or black veneer between the koa and the trustone would make the transition more fluid. The cap appears disproportionately long for the barrel length. The cap's shape does not complement the shape of the barrel. Also, modify the center band to incorporate the same material as the endcap and finial or remove one gold and the black ring from the center band.

Top Bottom