Knurled GT from Padauk finished with CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tmeccariello

tmeccariello

I purhased my lathe at the beginning of this year and have slowly been acquiring tools and other supplies. Finally have what I need to start consistently turning out pens with fewer errors. Now time to work on better finishing results and tightening the tolerances where I can. Here's a knurled GT kit from PSI turned from Padauk with a CA finish. Comments/critiques welcome. :) (This is my first post and I think my 10th pen)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabaharr

I love the look of the pen but I wonder what the toll would be on the writer for prolonged writing especially for someone with a tight grip. That deep knurling would probably irritate my fingers after a while. Just typing out loud, might not matter at all.

tmeccariello

thanks Sabaharr. I haven't used one of these pens as a daily writer but I see what you're talking about. Up until now I've just been using PSI Trimline pens for my daily pens and they're great. I just ordered a bulk pack of slimlines from PSI, to add to my inventory to help give a balance of light slimmer pens and also some heavier bigger ones like the Knurl.

vakmere

I love the look of the pen but I wonder what the toll would be on the writer for prolonged writing especially for someone with a tight grip. That deep knurling would probably irritate my fingers after a while. Just typing out loud, might not matter at all.

I did carry one for a month last summer and other than being a little heavy in the shirt pocket writing with it for 5 to 10 minutes was not all that bad. IMO the black Knurl grip was less slippery than the others. Did not get knurl marks on the finger tips. The mechanism felt solid and as a 'take to work and try to beat it up pen' the Knurl pen passed the test. I used a parker gel refill which improved glide over paper.

tmeccariello

I did carry one for a month last summer and other than being a little heavy in the shirt pocket writing with it for 5 to 10 minutes was not all that bad. IMO the black Knurl grip was less slippery than the others. Did not get knurl marks on the finger tips. The mechanism felt solid and as a 'take to work and try to beat it up pen' the Knurl pen passed the test. I used a parker gel refill which improved glide over paper.

Do you happen to have the item number for the parker gel refill that you used? Also kind of a general question about refills...Obviously the ink that comes from PSI in their kits is a cheaper type, where would I find what refills would be needed for any number of the PSI kits?

vakmere

Do you happen to have the item number for the parker gel refill that you used? Also kind of a general question about refills...Obviously the ink that comes from PSI in their kits is a cheaper type, where would I find what refills would be needed for any number of the PSI kits?

Amazon. Type in Parker gel. As for PSI it's either Cross, Parker or rollerball. I use Montverdi to replace Cross, real Parker, and Pilot G2-.07 for rollerball.

Top Bottom