Kitless twist concept prototype

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Xander

Xander

Hi. I was bored today and have no kits but I had a slimline transmissino and a few scraps of blanks so.... I made this....

It's all one piece up to the "finial" which is the twisty part. Uses a slimline trans and tubes (which do not go full length of the barrel).

This is JUST A CONCEPT PROTOTYPE and therefore has not been finished.

What do you think?? (Fuzzy photos aside)

The design phase
P3250161-1.jpg

Parts
P3250164-1.jpg

Cartridge installed
P3250163-1.jpg

Finished pen
P3250162-1.jpg

All comments welcome.

Oh, this is my first attempt at anything kitless or custom, in fact it's my 8th pen.... of any kind.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

azamiryou

Nothing wrong with the concept. Aesthetically, I'd prefer the pen to be slimmer, and the diagonals to line up (either aligned or 180 degrees off, rather than 90 degrees off), but that's just me.

Xander

Thanks for the input. This was an exercise to see if the idea was feasable. It was done with very few tools, I held it in my blank drilling chuck to turn the end after doing most of it on the mandrel. When I get a few more tools I'll be re-visiting this idea and doing a better job of it. I have a few ideas, just need to get the equipement and supplies.

ghostrider

Nice job. I've been pondering a concept lately however, limitations of tools and time have prevented me from completing the project.

It look like your on to something there. Can't wait to see the final product.

Top Bottom