Kitless Titanium Slider Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tofty

Tofty

Titanium pen with phosphor bronze internals and brass/copper mosaic pin in the cap. 1/2" diameter barrel. Accepts standard parker cartridges.

(please ignore the far too obvious score marks around the slot caused by an inevitable lapse in concentration)

ToftyGS1029P.jpg

ToftyGS1025P.jpg

ToftyGS1023P.jpg

ToftyGS1021P.jpg

ToftyGS1022P.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Simplex

Very cool. Definitely one of the more original ones I've seen. What garde Ti is that? Did you cut the threads on your lathe or with a die?

Tofty

Thanks everyone,

I made the clip by heating then beating it out of 1mm Ti sheet.

The titanium is grade 5 which is the most available grade where i am and is probably the best for the application anyway.
The threads were cut with standard taps and dies, i don't have any tooling that would be able to cut the internal thread of M7 (the thread seen in the picture is M10 x 1.25, the M7 thread holds the cap on).

Last edited:

Simplex

Thanks everyone,

I made the clip by heating then beating it out of 1mm Ti sheet.

The titanium is grade 5 which is the most available grade where i am and is probably the best for the application anyway.
The threads were cut with standard taps and dies, i don't have any tooling that would be able to cut the internal thread of M7 (the thread seen in the picture is M10 x 1.25, the M7 thread holds the cap on).

That's good to know; my bets would have been on Grade 2. Glad to know that my taps and dies are suitable for titanium work. Thanks again for sharing. I'll look forward to your future posts.

cnirenberg

That sure is an original. I love it. Haven't messed with that type of hardness yet. I'll wait for a while and stick to plastic and aluminum. Great job on the pen.

Top Bottom