Kitless rb with Uniball 207 refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie69

Charlie69

My 2nd attempt at kitless, this one I did with my favorite refill the Uni-Ball 207 .5mm tip. 1st kitless rb I made had a Pilot G2 refill which I like a lot but for work the 207 is my preferred refill. The refills have different sized tips and bodies so the nose cone is specialized for each one. The next one I'm going to make will be for the Schmidt 5888 refill.

Used alumilite for the section this time and really liked how it turned and threads. Single start tap and dies all around, eleven male/female threads on this pen:eek:

145mm, 5.7" w/ cap
133mm,, 5.26" w/o cap
body 11.85mm o.d.
18.8 grams

C&C welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie69

Thanks! I really enjoy the creativity kitless pens make possible. Mr Vic, I make the nib/nose cone out of 6061 aluminum rod on my 1014 lathe.

Lol, the eleven threads and black band at the clip comes from me spacing out and drilling through the cap with the 10.25mm bit that I use for the 11mm cap to body threads. I should have stopped drilling before I went all the way through so I would have enough wall thickness to use the 8mm tap/die for the clip finial. They say necessity is the mother of invention. I tapped the finial side of the cap with 11mm and threaded the black piece with 11mm male and 8mm female threads so I would have some material to recess the clip. Turned out ok but more work than I wanted to do.

SDB777

That was a lot of turning...eleven sets of threads. WOW!

Very clean lines in this one, congrats! Sure would love to see a pictorial on the nib/cone process someday.....:wink:

Scott (gotta do some pouring today) B

Top Bottom