Kitless rb, postable, Schmidt 5888 refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie69

Charlie69

Kitless pen nose cones #1 & 2 I made for Pilot G2 & uni-ball 207 refills. This time I went with a genuine rollerball the Schmidt 5888. It was a little easier making a nose cone for the 5888 refill as it only needs 3 bits as opposed to 4 for the Pilot and Uni.

Alumilite blank, 6061 AL for the nose cone, 32 gauge nickel silver for the cap band soldered with silver solder. Wanted to try a postable pen because the 1st thing people do when I give them a pen is try to post the cap but I'm not crazy about the way it looks. Gonna try something else next time.:)

11mm triple start for cap to body and finial. 8mm threads nose cone to section, 9mm threads section to body, 8mm finial to body, 8mm finial to cap.

Love! the triple start tap and die, the cap twist off with 2 full turns and feels like a quality pen bought at a luxury gift store:wink:

I like it when folks give the pen measurements...here's this one.
137.25mm closed
132mm open
156mm posted
12mm body o.d.
13.65mm cap o.d.

The walls get a little thin after cutting the cap tenon so I soldered some nickel silver bezel wire together to add a little protection to the walls.

From this.....the raw materials

and too many hours and days later.... the pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

That's beautiful. These always take me longer than I ever expect. Great Job! :good:

I like how you showed the raw materials. That's a good idea.

And I agree, it's nice to see the dimensions.

Charlie69

Thanks guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I've only made a few but I really enjoy making these kitless pens. It's cool to get done with the pen and think to myself " i made this ". Lol the photos almost look like they're taken in b&w. I guess that's what happens with a white back ground and a b&w blank. Pic of the parts.

Top Bottom