Kitless Rainbow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeinSC

MikeinSC

A small collection of kitless pens. These were some of the remaining pens I had at the Ohio Pen Show a few weeks ago.
The next pen show season starts in a few months and I'm already getting ready with new pens.

Attachments

• 20181105_102611.jpg
    20181105_102611.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 296
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeinSC

Those are absolutely amazing! If you don't mind me asking, how well do the kitless pens do in terms of customer interest compared to the kit pens?

It's a different market altogether. They're very peculiar, incredibly pen intelligent and extremely demanding of their product, makers, suppliers, etc. They're fiercely loyal too and travel all over just to attend shows.
Kit pens do not sell within the fountain pen community and are generally shunned. Again, it's just not the right demographic.

Breaking in to the fountain pen world is not easy either. Unless a person has incredible luck from the get go, it takes a long time to build a following and interest. Jan '19 will start my third year as a full-time pen maker. It's still a struggle but it's getting better.

Before this year is over, I'll have done roughly 500 pens this year. Again, it's not easy but I wouldn't change what I'm doing now for a living.

Top Bottom