Kitless Lucite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I was going to put a clip on this pen but, elected to leave it off. I turned the nib and, then realized there's no rim to rest your fingers on. Oh well:biggrin: sometimes things just happen that way. It's blue Lucite and, all the parts were made on my wood lathe except for the refill. As always, comments are welcomed and, Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0848.JPG
    IMG_0848.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I love the blue lucite. As for a rim what makes it mandantory? Your not supposed to push so hard it slips backwards in your fingers and you should be able to grip it well enough to keep it from falling out of your hand. Good work Chuck.

IPD_Mr

Very neat Chuck, even without a gripper ring in the aluminum. You should be very proud. I am glad Suzanne let you have some play time in the shop. Now get back to the Honey-Do list. :biggrin:

bluwolf

Nice work Chuck. It looks terrific. Good to see you're not letting grass grow under your feet.

Russianwolf

Nice work Chuck.

The only thing I may have done differently is making the cap finial more even with the body of the cap. It kinda looks stuck on there.

cnirenberg

Chuck,
I love it. That lucite is terrific. I like the nib too. I like the aluminum-lucite contrast. I have one ready to get finished for one of the kids' teachers. Looks like tonight is the night. Great job on the pen.

ldb2000

It looks great Chuck . Great material , color and execution . Theres nothing wrong with the nib , nice shape , good finish . Overall a great pen !!! Things to do better next time , contour the cap to fit the finial and drill the step hole in the nib to have less refill sticking out . Both minor adjustments will make a great pen into a stunner !

Top Bottom