Kitless Hybrid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Smithcraftersig

I decided to make a hybrid fountain pen the other day from Beyond Wood Products Kansas Sky color and it didn't go so well. I had some issues with scratches and micro crack on the inside.

So I had to make hybrid pen, and make it work the way I wanted. So this was my second attempt. The blanks used to make this pen were purchased from @ak_designs_ on instagram. A white alumilite glow blank I cast myself, and also a blue alumulite blank I cast myself, and a clear acrylic rod.

I also wanted this pen to be an eye drop filled pen, which with a hybrid will take some extra work.

So I made a coupler to attach all the parts together from the white alumilte. Its threads on the outside go into the body and the cap, and its threads on the inside go to the section and the ink cartridge I made from the clear acrylic.

The clear acrylic cartridge I made allows the the pen to be used as an eye drop fill or body fill pen. The coupler holds it all together. Because of this coupler I was able to make the pen work the way I intended. I'm still learning a lot, but I'm having fun with what I'm doing so far.
IMG_7198.png
IMG_7199.png
IMG_7200.png
IMG_7201.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom