Kitless Fountain Pen in in Red Cumberland Ebonite w/ Black Finials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JPMcConnel

JPMcConnel

Ebonite is a classic material for fountain pens. I decided to make a rather conservative style pen, using red cumberland with black ebonite finials, to see how well it turned out from a color perspective. I liked it so much I have since acquired Japanese cumberland in reddish pink, straw color, several greens, and blue. Enjoy.

Attachments

• EboniteRedCumberlandV8.jpg
    EboniteRedCumberlandV8.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 493
  • EboniteRedCumberlandV7.jpg
    EboniteRedCumberlandV7.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 444
  • EboniteRedCumberlandV4.jpg
    EboniteRedCumberlandV4.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 578
  • EboniteRedCumberlandNibV3.jpg
    EboniteRedCumberlandNibV3.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,111
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

My first impression matches up well with my "considered opinion" (meaning that after thinking about, reviewing and looking again several times), which is that this pen is a winner, start to finish. Your selection of red cumberland suits the simple, classic lines. All complimented by what appears to be top notch workmanship. This pen is indeed simple, but at the same time presents an almost commanding presence. I am not yet making kitless, but I have most of the "stuff" needed to do so. And I want to make something just like this when I grow up!:eek::wink:

JPMcConnel

My first impression matches up well with my "considered opinion" (meaning that after thinking about, reviewing and looking again several times), which is that this pen is a winner, start to finish. Your selection of red cumberland suits the simple, classic lines. All complimented by what appears to be top notch workmanship. This pen is indeed simple, but at the same time presents an almost commanding presence. I am not yet making kitless, but I have most of the "stuff" needed to do so. And I want to make something just like this when I grow up!:eek::wink:

Thank you for your complements! I suspect you are already grownup; with the growing selection of fine materials beckoning, the world of kitless pens awaits the efforts of your hands and mind.

Tom T

Stunning is the word for sure. The finish is truly amazing. The colors of the wood are so perfect. A writing instarment of true beauty.

BSea

That is a super classy pen. It's hard to beat ebonite. It machines like alumilite & shines like PR. But getting a flawless finish on the black takes patience and experience. Great job! :good:

Any dimensions?

Top Bottom