Kitless Firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

Greetings
The fountain pen making journey continues. I like that there seems to be endless ideas for making pens. That's why I like this hobby, I can start slow and easy and feel like I accomplished something.
Here is my first piston filler, first ink window, first homemade clip, first time turning madreperlato, first Schmidt nib.
This pen was a challenge it seemed like I had to fix mistakes on every part, but I think it turned out OK.
The blank is Coffee with Cream that I think I bought from an IAP member. If so, thanks it is a great looking blank.
I bought the piston filler and the nib from Richard Greenwald.The piston is well made with a brass screw. It comes with instructions for drilling the holes and assembling.
The clip is just some K&S brass bent around pins. I just wanted to see if I could bend the material to shape. In the future I have to give clips some shape. I'm hooked on making clips now too.
Thanks for looking. C & C appreciated.

Attachments

• PC211513.jpg
    PC211513.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 366
  • PC211516.jpg
    PC211516.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 337
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I enjoy reading about those "first pens" beyond the initial stages of pen turning. This is where I learn - from those who have the beginning experience under their belts and then step out of the box. I have not yet done a kitless pen, but will soon. Reading the mistakes and recovery gives great insight.

Thanks. Great looking pen and clip!

OZturner

Glorious Firsts in a Stunning Pen Mike.
Beautiful Choice of Materials, Profile and Proportions,
Superb Fitting and Finishes.
Your Subtle Clip is Magnificent.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Gregory Hardy

Wow - Good for you. That filling system (I have been watching that piston set on his site) was on my to-do list. Thanks for paving the way. The pen you're showing really is so tasteful - nice lines, and the fine craftsmanship is evident in every detail. Well done. I look forward to seeing the next!

Top Bottom