Kitless Ebonite FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

How I spent my day today. It's a little wider than I had initially planned, but still feels good in the hand -- about the diameter of a cigar, but without the heft.

As always, C&C welcome.
Doug

Attachments

• eboniteFP.jpg
    eboniteFP.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 363
  • eboniteFPcapped.jpg
    eboniteFPcapped.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

the pen is nice, but what impresses me is the handwriting behind it. It's legible and neat and looks like it was written with a handmade fountain pen. Mine looks like a spastic chicken tracked ink onto the paper while having a seizure.

Seriously, excellent work on the pen. A piece of ebonite that truly lived up to it's potential.

arw01

Great looking pen, and +1 on the writing in the background, hope it is yours!

On the photography, I would like to see a bit more depth of field for the top of the pen cap. That specular highlight there draws your eyes and leaves me thinking, it's blurry. This takes away from the pen itself.

The bottom of the clip appears to be in focus, so I would expect a very minor tweak could bring it all into focus.

dgscott

Doug NICE job, what front section did you use?

I made the front section out of a piece of Lucite that I got from pipemakers.org. It was black with a white ribbon (and not much of that), so on one side there's a little white squiggle that looks like a bird in flight. I kinda like it!
Doug

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
That is a beautiful pen. Someday I hope to make one that is almost as nice as that!!

mrburls

Very nice pen Doug. I like the shape of your nib holder you made. Ebonite has beautiful pattern in it. Well done sir.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom