Kitless Custom in Vintage Gray Cellulose Acetate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Hi all, I finished the pen up a couple days ago and sent it to its new owner. It's a kitless in a really nice vintage silver/gray lined cellulose acetate and black acrylic. the customer wanted an ink window, so she could see the ink sloshing around in the pen, so we chose a transparent gray acrylic. The clip and section band are fabricated from nickel silver, and the nib is a two-tone jowo #6 in a black oxide/polished steel finish. This was a lot of fun to make, as I enjoy engineering pens around these old materials!

Attachments

• pam3.jpg
    pam3.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 458
  • pam5.jpg
    pam5.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 373
  • pam.jpg
    pam.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 386
  • pam4.jpg
    pam4.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 265
  • pam2.jpg
    pam2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 338
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I really like the combination of materials in this one and how well they work together. That clear window was a nice touch. Im sure the customer will love it!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful Pen!

I personally do not like the translucent blanks/ ink windows , so your design to have a narrower window and it is hidden when closed is a GREAT design to me.

Darn, but you make nice pens!

jalbert

I really like the combination of materials in this one and how well they work together. That clear window was a nice touch. Im sure the customer will love it!
Thanks! I'm excited for her to receive it!

That's one of the classiest looking kitless pens I've seen. That's a winner!!!!!
Keith
Thanks Keith! That CA was yours by the way! I just now got around to using it!

Beautiful Pen!

I personally do not like the translucent blanks/ ink windows , so your design to have a narrower window and it is hidden when closed is a GREAT design to me.

Darn, but you make nice pens!
Thanks Mark! I'm not a huge fan of ink windows that are exposed when the pen is capped either!

Pierre---

Very nice pen indeed! You served the vintage material so nicely...
Piston filler? Eyedropper? It seems you do not use any O-ring, do you rely on threading and grease?

stuckinohio

Beautiful pen. I have been looking at a lot of your pens the last couple days while researching designs for my first kitless pen. I'm fascinated with the piston filler concept, though that won't be what I make for quite some time! You have posted plenty to droll over!

jalbert

Very nice pen indeed! You served the vintage material so nicely...
Piston filler? Eyedropper? It seems you do not use any O-ring, do you rely on threading and grease?
Thanks! It's eyedropper/short cartridge. I just used silicone grease to seal the threads from leaking.

Your pen is an inspiration.
Thanks!

Great pen !!!! . I think I'll copy it !
Thanks!

Beautiful pen. I have been looking at a lot of your pens the last couple days while researching designs for my first kitless pen. I'm fascinated with the piston filler concept, though that won't be what I make for quite some time! You have posted plenty to droll over!
Thanks! Yea, I wouldn't recommend attempting a piston filler until you get a few pens under your belt ;)
Beautiful pen in all respects, for sure. I really like the clip.
Thanks!

OZturner

Magnificent Pen, John.
Fantastic Vintage Blank,
Ideal Proportions and Profile.
Superb Machining, Fits and Finish,
Love the Personal Ink Window.
Incredible Design and Craftsmanship All Round.
Congratulations,
Brian.

keithncsu

I saw this yesterday, last night, and now this morning. Each time it is still awesome! Easily one of my favorite pens I've seen on this site. DEFINITELY my favorite of the "vintage" materials. For my personal taste, most of the vintage stuff I've seen on here is just too busy and the colors are ugly to me. Again, my personal taste. But this one is just awesome. Bummed I missed some of this on that recent marketplace listing but I now know what to look for!

jalbert

John, this is another stunning pen!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Thanks!!

I saw this yesterday, last night, and now this morning. Each time it is still awesome! Easily one of my favorite pens I've seen on this site. DEFINITELY my favorite of the "vintage" materials. For my personal taste, most of the vintage stuff I've seen on here is just too busy and the colors are ugly to me. Again, my personal taste. But this one is just awesome. Bummed I missed some of this on that recent marketplace listing but I now know what to look for!
Thank you Keith! I'm a sucker for most vintage materials, but this stuff is one of the classiest I've come across!

bpgoldo

John, what a glorious testament to skill and craft and art. You have achieved what I aspire to in this hobby: Excellence in execution. Nuff said.

jttheclockman

Absolutely love this pen and every time I see that material I wish I was able to buy it when it came up for sale recently. But always too late. Thanks for showing.

mhall

I was going to say, beautiful pen! But I honestly think this is a spectacular pen. This would be a type of pen that I would love to own. Do you make your own clips, or are they bought? Thanks for sharing!

jalbert

I was going to say, beautiful pen! But I honestly think this is a spectacular pen. This would be a type of pen that I would love to own. Do you make your own clips, or are they bought? Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! I make my own clips.

Top Bottom