Kitless convert-a-pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ragz

ragz

Ebonite kitless fountain or rollerball. Fountain nib is a heritance 5mm in custom section. Roller nib is spare from some unknown kit that I found and conviently has the same thread pitch as the custom fp nib. Refille is a 9000. Finish is waaaaay to many coats of dyed and clear laquer.

Dye colors in order are clear, golden orange, red, more clear, more red, some more clear, black, red, clear, black, lots of clear. The pictures are hard to get of this pen that show the depth and transition and some are a little over exposed to show the color. In hand the red is very deep like a dark crimson and no striation. Also attached is the custom fp section for this pen and one for a pen in green to be finished later.

Comments welcome and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• redeboclose.jpg
    redeboclose.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 164
  • redebofp.jpg
    redebofp.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 161
  • redeborb.jpg
    redeborb.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 174
  • section.jpg
    section.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 156
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Your lacquer is Amazing! I would say, the green section has a more pleasing shape than the black one. Also, it would be good if it screwed all the way into the body of the pen. You are most certainly on the right track!

ragz

Thank you Thank

The section actually does thread in pretty flush but I need to chamfer just a bit to get it dead on. I also still need to seal the inside of the pen so it does let out it's natural warmed scent (Ebonite stiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnks mui bad). I followed the general theme of the pen for the section.

Thanks Again!

Top Bottom